- Martha Farrell Foundation – Selected among the Top 6 Nominees for Martha Farrell Awards 2021 (yet to be declared).
- Podcasts – ‘Pinjra Tod Kar’, an initiative by Suno India, Goethe Zentrum Hyderabad and Bol Hyderabad on the Lives of Violence Survivors was successfully conducted in 2020, after the success of the other podcast, ‘Story of Survivors’ where Shaheen’s achievers were chosen to share their success stories with the rest of the nation.
- Voices from the Grassroots of India – a visual report on the organisation by EdelGive Foundation (2020).
- Child Marriages during the Pandemic Lockdown – Coverage on Shaheen’s narratives by BBC News Telugu (2020).
- Recognition Award by the Government of Telengana in 2019 to Ms. Jameela Nishat for her contribution to the field of social work.
- Women’s Day Felicitations 2019 – Jameela Nishat was felicitated by the Indian Art Academy and presented with the ‘Best Social Work Award.’ Government of Telangana presented ‘Exclusive Women Award’ and D.S. Research Diagnostic Center presented the ‘Best Woman Award.’
- Documentary Films – Shaheen has created a good presence on social media, slowly gaining momentum in it. Two documentary films titled ‘Khwab Chunne ki Khwahish’ (2012) and ‘Pinjraon ki Udaan’ (2019) respectively were made for the organisation. The former film focuses on Shaheen’s activities, while the latter one captures the veiled reality of intense violence, struggle and survival of women in the Old City of Hyderabad, India.
- SHAKTI – One Nation Award (2017) to the organisation by the Women’s Commission for its dedicated commitment towards ‘Women Empowerment.’
- Salaam Ladies Award 2017 – Two of the staff members of Shaheen received this award from Red FM, a well-known radio channel.
- One of the staff members was nominated for the South Asia Young Women Leaders TOT Training Programme and she attended her first TOT Training for 8 days in Kathmandu, Nepal in 2017.
- Women of Substance Award 2016 – Two of the staff members were awarded with this award from a well-known diagnostic centre in Hyderabad.
- Devi Award by The New Indian Express
- Ladli Award for Best Radio Play 2012 – Shaheen won this prestigious award for scripting its own radio play titled ‘Jawani Diwani.’
- Awarded by the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh (Ministry of Information and Broadcasting) 2007 – Andhra Pradesh Adhikara Bhasha Sangham – for promoting Deccani language and literary work at the grass roots level.
- The Satguru Gnyananand Award 2006 – By Manav Seva Dharam Samvardhini for work undertaken by Jameela Nishat for the organisation.